From: LG on
I am not able to install update KB982331. I have tried downloading it
manually and this fails also. Can anyone help me. I run Windows 7, IE8.
Thanks in advance.
From: Tom on
Guess I should have listed the 6 patches that fail to install, they are all
for Office 2007:

Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (KB982308)
Security Update for Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007 (KB979441)
Security Update for Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 (KB982158)
Security Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB982135)
Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB982312)
Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB982331)

Tom

From: Tom on

From: Peter Foldes on
Insert your Office 2007 install CD into your compute while downloading and
installing from Windows Update

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

From: Ǝиçεl on
Hello LG,

It seems like this Error 646 for KB982331 is only happening for Windows
Vista and Windows 7 Users. Here's our recommended steps to fix such issue:

1. Turn off AUC. Don't just lower down the restrictions - turn it off
completely.
2. Restart your computer for the change to take into effect.
3. Re-download Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System
(KB982331) from the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7f89a734-cda4-4abb-9a10-f6dfe560e8d0&displaylang=en>
4. Install it.

If for some reasons, you still cannot install it because of the same error
code 646, reply to this thread.
-=-

"LG" wrote:

> I am not able to install update KB982331. I have tried downloading it
> manually and this fails also. Can anyone help me. I run Windows 7, IE8.
> Thanks in advance.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Disable Auto-restart