From: Kennard in Albuquerque on
I downloaded the latest driver from the Lexmark site.
- Ken

From: Kennard in Albuquerque on
Thanks, Jose. The problem is I went there, it's where I got the latest
driver, but I couldn't for the life of me find detailed install instructions.
- Ken

From: Jim on

On my Lexmark , it was/is -power on , install ink cartridges , plug
usb lead in , install software : had to be done in that order .

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 14:01:01 -0700, Kennard in Albuquerque

From: Jose on
On Oct 31, 5:01 pm, Kennard in Albuquerque
<KennardinAlbuquer...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Jose.  The problem is I went there, it's where I got the latest
> driver, but I couldn't for the life of me find detailed install instructions.
> - Ken
>

> "Jose" wrote:
> > On Oct 27, 10:33 pm, Kennard in Albuquerque
> > <KennardinAlbuquer...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > I installed a Lexmark X1240 printer on my computer with Windows XP and
> > > service pack 3, and everytime I shut the computer down and turn it back on I
> > > get the Windows has found new hardware message and it tries to re-install the
> > > printer. Is there anyway to stop this annoying but typical Windows behavior?
>
> > It is annoying but not typical - it means something is wrong.
>
> > If XP detects a printer that has not been installed, it will try to
> > install it.  That is what it is supposed to do.  If you unplug it, XP
> > will not detect it.
>
> > Why not go to the Lexmark site and download the instructions and
> > installation package:
>
> >http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=home&locale=EN&userlocale=EN_US...
>
> > The Lexmark installation instructions are quite clear.  Which part is
> > not working?
>
> > They also have live chat and email support.
>
> > .

I don't have that printer but Googled:

install lexmark x1240

http://www.essortment.com/articles/install-lexmark-x1240-printer_102123.htm

I thought I read somewhere that when you run the downloaded
installation, it expects the printer to be ready to go (hooked up).