From: lurker on
Message:
"Windows XP setup cannot run under safe mode. Setup will restart now."

Nothing at all in the Microsoft KB.

First symptom... system failed on a System Restart. Recursive BSD and
reboot so fast that I can't read the screen.

When I F8 /boot into Safe Mode:
"Windows XP setup cannot run under safe mode. Setup will restart now."

I booted XP Home CD and performed a REPAIR. It seemed to complete
successfully.

Reboot... same problem, both with regular boot (BSD's, and Safe Mode.

NOTE:
XP is installed on a Partitioned drive.

Next:
I installed XP Home from CD into another partition, performed Windows
Updates.

Booting the new XP partition,
I performed "Error-checking" on the original XP partition. No errors.
Windows Defender, Scan: No problems
Anti Virus scan: No problems.

All that exercise did not fix anything. I still have the original problems.

Help!
--
king-daddy