From: Roger on
Our windows 2008 servers have software that does not show up under 'All
programs' for all users.

The only users who ever access the servers directly are the administrators,
but not all the applications that are installed on the server are showing up
in the menu.

I know where to put things in Windows XP, 2000, 2003, but I have no idea
where the shortcuts are kept in windows server 2008. Anyone know where I can
find these things to ensure that they are in all the admins accounts?

From: Phillip Windell on
"Roger" <rogerdev(a)vnet.on.ca> wrote in message
> Our windows 2008 servers have software that does not show up under 'All
> programs' for all users.
>
> The only users who ever access the servers directly are the
> administrators, but not all the applications that are installed on the
> server are showing up in the menu.
>
> I know where to put things in Windows XP, 2000, 2003, but I have no idea
> where the shortcuts are kept in windows server 2008. Anyone know where I
> can find these things to ensure that they are in all the admins accounts?

There is no All Users Profile like there was in the old 2003. There are
shortcuts in the places where they used to be but you cannot actually open
them, they are only there for backward compatibility reasons. Now the All
users Start Menu and Desktop are still there but not all in one place like
they used to be,..they are scattered.

In the Explorer View set it to Show hidden Files and System files.

The desktop is at:

c:\Users\Public\Desktop
OR
c:\Users\Public\PublicDesktop

The Start Menu is at:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

(That's ProgramData,..not "Program Files")

--
Phillip Windell

From: Roger on
Thanks. That did the trick.