From: Neil on
Error 1079:hi,
Hope i'm in the right place here.
I'm running Windows SBS 2003 and can not start the Windows time service.
When I try and start it, I get the following error message:-

'Could not start the Windows time service on local computer'
'Error 1079: The account specified for this service is different from the
account specified for other services running in the same process'

The current logon account for Windows time is:-'NT authority\networkService'

Any suggestions?

Thank you

From: Jim on
On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 04:23:56 -0700, Neil
<Neil(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Error 1079:hi,
>Hope i'm in the right place here.
>I'm running Windows SBS 2003 and can not start the Windows time service.
>When I try and start it, I get the following error message:-
>
>'Could not start the Windows time service on local computer'
>'Error 1079: The account specified for this service is different from the
>account specified for other services running in the same process'
>
>The current logon account for Windows time is:-'NT authority\networkService'
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Thank you

On all my SBS2003 machines that service logs in with

NT AUTHORITY\LocalService

not NetworkService.

Jim
From: Steve Foster on
Neil wrote:

> Error 1079:hi,
> Hope i'm in the right place here.
> I'm running Windows SBS 2003 and can not start the Windows time
> service. When I try and start it, I get the following error message:-
>
> 'Could not start the Windows time service on local computer'
> 'Error 1079: The account specified for this service is different from
> the account specified for other services running in the same process'
>
> The current logon account for Windows time is:-'NT
> authority\networkService'

It should be LocalService.

The corollary questions ought to be how did it get changed and why.

--
Steve Foster
For SSL Certificates, Domains, etc, visit.:
From: Neil on
thanks for reply, tried that and service wll still not start, now getting
error 234.

checking event viewer gives :-

'the time service encountered an arror while reading it's configuration from
the registry and can not start error no. 0x800700EA'

Thanks again

From: Neil on
Think I'd inadvertently changed the user details.
Have had problems with CIECW, errors point to time service

Thanks