From: Die Wahrheit on
On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 14:11:47 -0500, Die Wahrheit
<diewahrheit(a)somewherehonest.net> wrote:

>Didn't you ever wonder why the saying of "there'd be six
>*more* weeks of winter if the groundhog saw his shadow" didn't make sense?

Hmmmm.... I just realized something. The "Groundhog's" tale is a cleverly
hidden allegory.

Those Pagans who were frightened of their own shadows (caused by the
appearance of the "son", not sun); those afraid to confront the christians
who were usurping, deceptively twisting, bastardizing, covering-up and
destroying their holidays and way of life through threats of torture, and
the christians making human sacrifices of anyone retaining their Pagan
ways; would cause winter to last six weeks longer. As it does to this very
day.

*NOW* it makes total sense.

I'm glad I brought this up. One more truth that was lost during the Dark
Ages brought on the world by deceitful and thieving christians, has finally
been brought to light again.

From: John McWilliams on
Die Wahrheit wrote:

> A fun story ... the "hot cross bun" was invented by your Pagans ancestors,
> decorated with cuts that way to celebrate the 4 (or 8) points of the year,
> the 4 directions of the globe. (The scone still divided into eighths.) Then
> christians covered up the original meaning by saying it now represented
> their imaginary crucifixion story. Then the jewish culture stepped in and
> said, "We can't have that! Make a bun with no center so no cross can be
> imprinted on it!"
>
> Voilà! The Bagel!

'Ceptin' a real bagel ain't no bun. It's boiled before being baked.

And crucifying folk was done for real a few thou. ago, but now it's not
done to the flesh so much.

--
lsmft

From: Peter on
"John McWilliams" <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
Die Wahrheit wrote:

> A fun story ... the "hot cross bun" was invented by your Pagans ancestors,
> decorated with cuts that way to celebrate the 4 (or 8) points of the year,
> the 4 directions of the globe. (The scone still divided into eighths.)
> Then
> christians covered up the original meaning by saying it now represented
> their imaginary crucifixion story. Then the jewish culture stepped in and
> said, "We can't have that! Make a bun with no center so no cross can be
> imprinted on it!"
>
> Voil�! The Bagel!

'Ceptin' a real bagel ain't no bun. It's boiled before being baked.

Rack bagels are still bagels. They just don't taste as good. In some areas
of this country, such as the deep South, California and Florida, the water
is so bad that a boiled bagel doesn't taste right.
I had serious conversations about the economics of tanking NY water to
Southern bagel makers. We determined that it was not worth the cost.

--
Peter