From: musicman0703 on
I got a Belkin Wireless Network Card, installed it in to the computer. Then,
I installed the Belkin Software to configure the Wireless Connection. The
signal strength is excellent, but after about five minutes of being connected
it disconnects about every minute. It always reconnects right away, but I'm
trying to figure out why it keeps disconnecting. I tried uninstalling the
Belkin program and just letting Windows XP configure the network connection,
but that didn't help.
From: Curtis M on
I have had issues with wireless security causing disconnect problems. You
could try turning off all wireless security to see if that makes a
difference.

--
Regards,
Curtis, MCSA

Landis Computer

From: Harvey Gratt on
Make sure Windows WZC "authentication" is turned off.

Harvey

From: Jim Seifert [MSFT] on
If this is a home network it is likely that 802.1x authentication is enabled
and is failing then disconnecting after 5 minutes. The check box for this
setting can be found on the authentication tab for the wireless network
connection. This check box should be unchecked if you do not have an
infrastructure to support 802.1x authentication.

newsgroup purposes only.