From: nickspoon on
I have a PC and a laptop, one with an Am1772 wireless PCI card, the other
with the same card except it's PCMCIA. When I try to set up an ad-hoc
wireless network, everything goes fine until I get to actually connecting.
The connection gets stuck on "Acquiring Network Address" on both PCs. They
both have "set IP automatically" on them and ICS is not used (yet). At one
point I got a "Limited or No Connectivity" error on my laptop, but that's
gone now. Both machines have XP SP2 on them. Also, when I do IPConfig when
they're both stuck, both of them say their IP is 0.0.0.0! I did get them to
connect once, but then the connection died and I couldn't get it again.