From: Tommy D on
Running windows xp on my laptop wireless to router. Today it does not
work. I can connect to the internet get emails and browse, but my shares
can't be seen by my other computers nor can I see other computer shares.
If I cable directly to the router then it works. I'm at a loss as to what
to look for that is not letting the shares through when connecting
wirelessly. Nothing I've Googled seem to apply here. I've done no program
updates nor system updates. This is a Gateway laptop with built in Wifi, no
card.

I would appreciate your suggestions in locating what is prohibiting
wireless networking.

TIA.
From: Tommy D on
found the problem.

I forgot that I did install Kaspersky antivirus the day before, but did not
attempt share operation.

Kaspersky firewall was blocking the wireless connection.

Went into the

settings>firewall>Settings>networks, right click on the entry itself and
seleting local fixed the problem.

Tommy D <tomd(a)landmark.net> wrote in

> Running windows xp on my laptop wireless to router. Today it does not
> work. I can connect to the internet get emails and browse, but my
> shares can't be seen by my other computers nor can I see other
> computer shares. If I cable directly to the router then it works.
> I'm at a loss as to what to look for that is not letting the shares
> through when connecting wirelessly. Nothing I've Googled seem to apply
> here. I've done no program updates nor system updates. This is a
> Gateway laptop with built in Wifi, no card.
>
> I would appreciate your suggestions in locating what is prohibiting
> wireless networking.
>

> TIA.

Pages: 1
Prev: Goodbye!