From: John Ely on
Hi ,
My daughter purchased a D Link wireless router DI-624 and a matching
USB receiver DWL-G132 and asked me to install it. The router installed and
worked OK however the USB adaptor causes to remote computer to freeze when
it is plugged in , it gets to the XP logo with the blue bars running across
and stops, a reset is the only way to restart, if it is plugged in when the
computer is up and running it instantly freezes. The USB ports on the
computer appear OK in that the mouse works and it is used to download photos
with no problems. The adaptor when plugged into the other computer is
detected by XP in the normal way. The person at Officeworks where the thing
was purchased says that some motherboards are incompatible , there is
nothing on the D Link web site that mentions this. The motherboard is a
Gigabyte 8S651M-RZ it is a P4 board with a 2.4 gb Celeron fitted , it is
running XP pro. with SP1 and SP2 which has been freshly installed ,but did
not solve the problem. Has anyone had experience with this problem , any
suggestions appreciated.
Thanks John Ely.

From: atec 77 "atec77 on
John Ely wrote:
> Hi ,
> My daughter purchased a D Link wireless router DI-624 and a matching
> USB receiver DWL-G132 and asked me to install it. The router installed and
> worked OK however the USB adaptor causes to remote computer to freeze when
> it is plugged in , it gets to the XP logo with the blue bars running across
> and stops, a reset is the only way to restart, if it is plugged in when the
> computer is up and running it instantly freezes. The USB ports on the
> computer appear OK in that the mouse works and it is used to download photos
> with no problems. The adaptor when plugged into the other computer is
> detected by XP in the normal way. The person at Officeworks where the thing
> was purchased says that some motherboards are incompatible , there is
> nothing on the D Link web site that mentions this. The motherboard is a
> Gigabyte 8S651M-RZ it is a P4 board with a 2.4 gb Celeron fitted , it is
> running XP pro. with SP1 and SP2 which has been freshly installed ,but did
> not solve the problem. Has anyone had experience with this problem , any
> suggestions appreciated.
> Thanks John Ely.

Usb installed ?
which version and does it match the usb device ?
From: Rod Speed on
atec 77" <"atec77 <"atec77 "@hotmail.com> wrote:
> John Ely wrote:
>> Hi ,
>> My daughter purchased a D Link wireless router DI-624 and a
>> matching USB receiver DWL-G132 and asked me to install it. The
>> router installed and worked OK however the USB adaptor causes to
>> remote computer to freeze when it is plugged in , it gets to the XP
>> logo with the blue bars running across and stops, a reset is the
>> only way to restart, if it is plugged in when the computer is up and
>> running it instantly freezes. The USB ports on the computer appear
>> OK in that the mouse works and it is used to download photos with no
>> problems. The adaptor when plugged into the other computer is
>> detected by XP in the normal way. The person at Officeworks where
>> the thing was purchased says that some motherboards are incompatible
>> , there is nothing on the D Link web site that mentions this. The
>> motherboard is a Gigabyte 8S651M-RZ it is a P4 board with a 2.4 gb
>> Celeron fitted , it is running XP pro. with SP1 and SP2 which has
>> been freshly installed ,but did not solve the problem. Has anyone
>> had experience with this problem , any
>> suggestions appreciated. Thanks John Ely.

> Usb installed ?

Doesnt need to be with XP, stupid.

> which version and does it match the usb device ?

Doesnt need to be, stupid.

From: Whatcher? on

"John Ely" <zamiac(a)sympac.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi ,
> My daughter purchased a D Link wireless router DI-624 and a matching
> USB receiver DWL-G132 and asked me to install it. The router installed and
> worked OK however the USB adaptor causes to remote computer to freeze when
> it is plugged in , it gets to the XP logo with the blue bars running
> across
> and stops, a reset is the only way to restart, if it is plugged in when
> the
> computer is up and running it instantly freezes. The USB ports on the
> computer appear OK in that the mouse works and it is used to download
> photos
> with no problems. The adaptor when plugged into the other computer is
> detected by XP in the normal way. The person at Officeworks where the
> thing
> was purchased says that some motherboards are incompatible , there is
> nothing on the D Link web site that mentions this. The motherboard is a
> Gigabyte 8S651M-RZ it is a P4 board with a 2.4 gb Celeron fitted , it is
> running XP pro. with SP1 and SP2 which has been freshly installed ,but did
> not solve the problem. Has anyone had experience with this problem , any
> suggestions appreciated.
> Thanks John Ely.

Try:

1) Reinstalling the USB drivers from the MB disk.

2) I have a laptop that does this if you plug wi-fi in when booting. If you
plug it in before turning the laptop on, however, there is never a problem.

3) If those 2 fail, try a new power supply. Yours MAY be failing.

4) Possible dud wi-fi NIC. Have you tried replacing it?

From: Fred on
John Ely wrote:
> Hi ,
> My daughter purchased a D Link wireless router DI-624 and a
> matching USB receiver DWL-G132 and asked me to install it. The router
> installed and worked OK however the USB adaptor causes to remote
> computer to freeze when it is plugged in , it gets to the XP logo
> with the blue bars running across and stops, a reset is the only way
> to restart, if it is plugged in when the computer is up and running
> it instantly freezes. The USB ports on the computer appear OK in that
> the mouse works and it is used to download photos with no problems.
> The adaptor when plugged into the other computer is detected by XP in
> the normal way. The person at Officeworks where the thing was
> purchased says that some motherboards are incompatible , there is
> nothing on the D Link web site that mentions this. The motherboard is
> a Gigabyte 8S651M-RZ it is a P4 board with a 2.4 gb Celeron fitted
> , it is running XP pro. with SP1 and SP2 which has been freshly
> installed ,but did not solve the problem. Has anyone had experience
> with this problem , any suggestions appreciated.
> Thanks John Ely.

Presumably you tried installing the later driver release from D-Link support
on the remote computer
ver 1.21
ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Wireless/dwlg132/Driver/dwlg132_drivers_121.zip