From: KBarwell on
I have a Pentium D 945 CPU Dual Core 3.4GHz (BX80553945), that I want to
build a PC around. I am thinking of using the GigaByte GA-81945GZME-RH
motherboard.
Can anyone confirm this would be suiable or have another recommendation?

TIA

David

From: Rob on
KBarwell wrote:

> I have a Pentium D 945 CPU Dual Core 3.4GHz (BX80553945), that I want to
> build a PC around. I am thinking of using the GigaByte GA-81945GZME-RH
> motherboard.
> Can anyone confirm this would be suiable or have another recommendation?
>
> TIA
>
> David

Have you looked at the gigabyte site?

Its all there in the specs for the motherboards.
From: Damien McBain on
Rob wrote:

> KBarwell wrote:
>
>> I have a Pentium D 945 CPU Dual Core 3.4GHz (BX80553945), that I want to
>> build a PC around. I am thinking of using the GigaByte GA-81945GZME-RH
>> motherboard.
>> Can anyone confirm this would be suiable or have another recommendation?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> David
>>

> Have you looked at the gigabyte site?
>
> Its all there in the specs for the motherboards.

I've bought a number of Gigabyte boards for building home PCs. I now use
Asus because I find them more consistently reliable.
From: KBarwell on

"Rob" <mesa(a)mine.com> wrote in message
> KBarwell wrote:
>
>> I have a Pentium D 945 CPU Dual Core 3.4GHz (BX80553945), that I want to
>> build a PC around. I am thinking of using the GigaByte GA-81945GZME-RH
>> motherboard.
>> Can anyone confirm this would be suiable or have another recommendation?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> David
>
> Have you looked at the gigabyte site?

Yes I have, and to me it seems a good choice but as I am a bit new at
building a PC I was hoping someone with some experience would confirm they
are a good match.

From: Krusty on

"KBarwell" <kbarwell(a)bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
>I have a Pentium D 945 CPU Dual Core 3.4GHz (BX80553945), that I want to
>build a PC around. I am thinking of using the GigaByte GA-81945GZME-RH
>motherboard.
> Can anyone confirm this would be suiable or have another recommendation?
>
> TIA
>
> David

David

I have used the Asus P5VDC-MX
http://www.asus.com.au/search.aspx?searchitem=1&searchkey=p5Vdc-mx on three
systems in the past week (friends & family) & have been very happy with it.
It takes DDR or DDR2 memory, has on board audio & video but supports PCI-E &
AGP. It's one of the most adaptable boards I've seen & supports the new
Conroe processor as well (FSB 1,066).

MSY in Sydney sell them for $62, how they make them for that is beyond me.
Some things now are incredibly cheap now.