Prev: home page setup
Next: ie8
From: Sparkydoo on
Hello - and thanks for any help!
When I enter Internet Explorer, the yellow bar at the top says no ad-ons
present. I went to 'Manage Ad-Ons' and was able to add some (yahoo, etc.)
and they successfully displayed. But the bar still states no ad-ons present.
I went out and back in, re-booted, etc. no change. I downloaded IE 8 and it
seems to have just downloaded over the original, and kept the problem. Does
anyone know how to fix this. I am stumped. Thanks, again.
--
Computer Gurus are my heroes
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or
newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

PS: If Tools | Manage add-ons was available, you weren't running IE6. Those
with IE7- and/or IE8-specific questions or comments can post to and seek
support in IE General newsgroup: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

On the web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

In your newsreader:
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Sparkydoo wrote:
> Hello - and thanks for any help!
> When I enter Internet Explorer, the yellow bar at the top says no ad-ons
> present. I went to 'Manage Ad-Ons' and was able to add some (yahoo, etc.)
> and they successfully displayed. But the bar still states no ad-ons
> present. I went out and back in, re-booted, etc. no change. I downloaded
> IE 8 and it seems to have just downloaded over the original, and kept the
> problem. Does anyone know how to fix this. I am stumped. Thanks, again.

Pages: 1
Prev: home page setup
Next: ie8