From: Jeneal on
We decided to upgrade one of our computers to Outlook 2007. We are still using Word 2000. Now when ever I open Word it will not close. Now it is interferring with my shut down mode. Any ideas?

Dr. Dotnetsky's Cool .NET Tips and Tricks # 6
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/eefc01ed-5683-42dd-8fd4-e7deac3123b2/dr-dotnetskys-cool-net.aspx
From: Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] on
<Jeneal McKinley> wrote in message

> We decided to upgrade one of our computers to Outlook 2007. We are still
> using Word 2000. Now
> when ever I open Word it will not close. Now it is interferring with my shut
> down mode. Any ideas?

In order for the components of Office to integrate and work well together, all
components must be the same version. Mixed versions can produce side-effects,
although I don't recall the mention of the particular one you describe. Which
Word keeps running, Word 2000 or the Word stub Outlook uses to compose
messages?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]