From: reemzara on

I faced the same error with one of my users and I found two versions of
Office (Outlook) installed on the user's PC (WinXP, SP2)

First of all, when I browsed the location "C:/Program files/common
files/system/" I found two Mapi folders (which I figured would mean two
versions of outlook existing at the same time). Renamed all the
MSMAPI32.dll files. On restarting outlook, found that it was installing
Outlook 2002 again. I cancelled this operation and Removed Outlook 2002
from Add remove programs.

Ran a MS office Diagnostics and also re-configured the mail profile.
Tried sending the word document as a mail attachment again and it
worked!!

I was searching for some sort of a solution to this problem and thought
I'd post my new found solution in case it comes of some use!! :)

Cheers!

--
reemzara
reemzara's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/162071.htm