From: Desmond on
This seems like a silly joke. I install office 2007. Every time I run
word it comes up with a Configuration process that takes a minute. Is
there a rational explanation for this?

The window is a large blue form 620px x 520
Title bar Microsoft Office enterprise 2007. The content states
Configuration progress with a progress bar.

I can cancel it strait away but comes up with a diolog box Please wait
while Office 2007 configures.
Please wait while windows configures Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007.

Eventualy I can start using word. But need to keep at least one
document open otherwise it goes into configuration again.

I have had this with other software like Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
I have seen this loads of times on other PCs. This must be a microsoft
BUG.
From: Gordon on

"Desmond" <otuatail(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message
> This seems like a silly joke. I install office 2007. Every time I run
> word it comes up with a Configuration process that takes a minute. Is
> there a rational explanation for this?
>
> The window is a large blue form 620px x 520
> Title bar Microsoft Office enterprise 2007. The content states
> Configuration progress with a progress bar.
>
> I can cancel it strait away but comes up with a diolog box Please wait
> while Office 2007 configures.
> Please wait while windows configures Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007.
>
> Eventualy I can start using word. But need to keep at least one
> document open otherwise it goes into configuration again.
>
> I have had this with other software like Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
> I have seen this loads of times on other PCs. This must be a microsoft
> BUG.

You have now posted this THREE TIMES. I have replied to two of those. PLEASE
ANSWER MY REPLY.

From: Desmond on
On Oct 20, 6:32 pm, "Gordon" <gordonbpar...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Desmond" <otuat...(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message

> > This seems like a silly joke. I install office 2007. Every time I run
> > word it comes up with a Configuration process that takes a minute. Is
> > there a rational explanation for this?
>
> > The window is a large blue form 620px x 520
> > Title bar Microsoft Office enterprise 2007. The content states
> > Configuration progress with a progress bar.
>
> > I can cancel it strait away but comes up with a diolog box Please wait
> > while Office 2007 configures.
> > Please wait while windows configures Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007.
>
> > Eventualy I can start using word. But need to keep at least one
> > document open otherwise it goes into configuration again.
>
> > I have had this with other software like Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
> > I have seen this loads of times on other PCs. This must be a microsoft
> > BUG.
>
> You have now posted this THREE TIMES. I have replied to two of those. PLEASE
> ANSWER MY REPLY.

I have replied but the thread does not move up to the top as it should
do when replied to "Office 2007 configures every time" is three pages
down.
From: Gordon on

> On Oct 20, 6:32 pm, "Gordon" <gordonbpar...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>> "Desmond" <otuat...(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message

>> > This seems like a silly joke. I install office 2007. Every time I run
>> > word it comes up with a Configuration process that takes a minute. Is
>> > there a rational explanation for this?
>>
>> > The window is a large blue form 620px x 520
>> > Title bar Microsoft Office enterprise 2007. The content states
>> > Configuration progress with a progress bar.
>>
>> > I can cancel it strait away but comes up with a diolog box Please wait
>> > while Office 2007 configures.
>> > Please wait while windows configures Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007.
>>
>> > Eventualy I can start using word. But need to keep at least one
>> > document open otherwise it goes into configuration again.
>>
>> > I have had this with other software like Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
>> > I have seen this loads of times on other PCs. This must be a microsoft
>> > BUG.
>>
>> You have now posted this THREE TIMES. I have replied to two of those.
>> PLEASE
>> ANSWER MY REPLY.
>
> I have replied but the thread does not move up to the top as it should
> do when replied to "Office 2007 configures every time" is three pages
> down.

Then use a proper newsreader instead of googlegroups.

Setting up Outlook Express/Windows Mail to access Microsoft newsgroups

Accessing the MS newsgroups in Outlook Express/Windows Mail Newsreader

From: Desmond on
On Oct 20, 6:57 pm, "Gordon" <gordonbpar...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Desmond" <otuat...(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message

> > On Oct 20, 6:32 pm, "Gordon" <gordonbpar...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> "Desmond" <otuat...(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message

> >> You have now posted this THREE TIMES. I have replied to two of those.
> >> PLEASE
> >> ANSWER MY REPLY.
>
> > I have replied but the thread does not move up to the top as it should
> > do when replied to "Office 2007 configures every time" is three pages
> > down.
>
> Then use a proper newsreader instead of googlegroups.
>
> Setting up Outlook Express/Windows Mail to access Microsoft newsgroupshttp://www.michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm
>
> Accessing the MS newsgroups in Outlook Express/Windows Mail Newsreaderhttp://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx

I can't use outlook express my provider is AOL (Thats american) Can't
configure it.