From: Desmond on
This seems like a silly joke. I install office 2007. Every time I run
word it comes up with a Configuration process that takes a minute. Is
there a rational explanation for this?

I have had this with other software like Microsoft Visual Studio 2008

I can cancel it strait away but comes up with a diolog box Please wait
while Office 2007 configures.

From: Gordon on

"Desmond" <otuatail(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message
> On Oct 19, 11:15 am, Desmond <otuat...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
>> This seems like a silly joke. I install office 2007. Every time I run
>> word it comes up with a Configuration process that takes a minute. Is
>> there a rational explanation for this?
>>
>> I have had this with other software like Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
>
> This is still a problem. If I cancel the Configuration progress I get
> another window please wait while office configures.

Did you have a Trial version already on the machine?

From: Gordon on

> This seems like a silly joke. I install office 2007. Every time I run
> word it comes up with a Configuration process that takes a minute. Is
> there a rational explanation for this?
>
> I have had this with other software like Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
>
> I can cancel it strait away but comes up with a diolog box Please wait
> while Office 2007 configures.

Did you have a Trial version already on the computer?

From: Desmond on
On Oct 20, 6:07 pm, "Gordon" <gordonbpar...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Desmond" <otuat...(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message

> > This seems like a silly joke. I install office 2007. Every time I run
> > word it comes up with a Configuration process that takes a minute. Is
> > there a rational explanation for this?
>
> > I have had this with other software like Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
>
> > I can cancel it strait away but comes up with a diolog box Please wait
> > while Office 2007 configures.
>
> Did you have a Trial version already on the computer?

No I did not have a trial version

Take one new PC. Install Windows XP Pro. Install Office 2007
Enterprise. = Big problem.
Every time I run word it comes up with a Configuration process that
takes a minute. I have to keep one instance of word open all day to
prevent this.
The window is a large blue form 620px x 520

I have had this with other software like Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
I have seen this loads of times on other PCs. This must be a microsoft
BUG.
From: Gordon on

> On Oct 20, 6:07 pm, "Gordon" <gordonbpar...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>> "Desmond" <otuat...(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message

>> > This seems like a silly joke. I install office 2007. Every time I run
>> > word it comes up with a Configuration process that takes a minute. Is
>> > there a rational explanation for this?
>>
>> > I have had this with other software like Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
>>
>> > I can cancel it strait away but comes up with a diolog box Please wait
>> > while Office 2007 configures.
>>
>> Did you have a Trial version already on the computer?
>
> No I did not have a trial version
>
> Take one new PC. Install Windows XP Pro. Install Office 2007
> Enterprise. = Big problem.
> Every time I run word it comes up with a Configuration process that
> takes a minute. I have to keep one instance of word open all day to
> prevent this.
> The window is a large blue form 620px x 520
>
> I have had this with other software like Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
> I have seen this loads of times on other PCs. This must be a microsoft
> BUG.

Nope because it does not happen to most people.
Have you actually let the configuration continue or do you ALWAYS hit
"cancel"?

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Product Key