From: JCarr22 on
I have a header and footer set up as our company letterhead. When the doc
becomes longer than 1 page the footer alignment becomes distorted on pages 2
and beyond. Any suggestions?
From: Suzanne S. Barnhill on
See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm for an explanation of
the correct way to set up letterhead for multiple-page letters.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

From: Stefan Blom on
It seems as if you have the "Different first page" option checked (in Page
Setup), which means that there actually is a different footer (and header)
for the second and subsequent pages. You can fix the formatting of that
footer without affecting the first page footer.

If you want more specific suggestions, try to explain how the footer is
"distorted."

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

From: JCarr22 on
This is actually a one page doc, however, it overflows into 2 or more pages
depending on how much text the user adds to it...I checked to see if the
'diff first page' option was ckd and it is not. The footer alignment becomes
jumbled up when a 2nd page is forced. The 1st page footer is spaced from the
left to the rt margins and with about 4 lines of text. When it becomes
distorted the text is no longer spaced evenly and also has blank lines
between the text lines. Since page 2 does not exist unless page 1 becomes
too long, I do not know how to 'fix' page 2. Thanks!

From: Stefan Blom on
Do the following to determine if there are more than one footer in the
document: Temporarily insert a page break so that you can see the second
page. If you place the insertion point in the footer of the second page,
does Word then show "Footer -Section 2-" or something similar on the dotted
line that separates the footer from the main body of the document?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP