From: SusanB on
Word attempted to open a corrupt file. I clicked cancel. Now every time I
open word (or Outlook), Word tries to recover the file and will only open in
the SAFE mode. How can I get it to stop looking for that file and open
normally?

To make matters worse, i cannot remember the file it was trying to open in
the first place.

PS - I've already tried re-installing Office XP.

Thanks!
From: Graham Mayor on
See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm
In addition clear the ASD files from the folder (C:)\Documents and
Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\

--
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org