From: Steve M on
Another favorite:

"We don't need a sound check"

My reply:

"Fine. Then you don't "need" monitors?"

--
Steve McQ

From: Sean Conolly on
"George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "We got our own sound guy"
>
> strikes fear deep into my soul!!!
> george

I'm sure you've seen acts where the sound guy is just as integral as any one
else in the band. Flying in effects, punching in samples at the right moment
(e.g. "Cult of Personality"), full mutes on a fast break, these are things
that need to be rehearsed as part of the show.

Sean

From: Joe Kotroczo on
On 11/04/2010 16:30, in article hpsptp$8io$1(a)speranza.aioe.org, "Steve M"
<mcsteve1350x(a)verizon.net> wrote:

> Another favorite:
>
> "We don't need a sound check"
>
> My reply:
>
> "Fine. Then you don't "need" monitors?"

A dreaded one:

"The house engineer doesn't let anybody else touch the mixer."

or

"The venue has a limiter that cuts the power on stage if you go over 85
dB(A)."

--
Joe Kotroczo kotroczo(a)mac.com

From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"Sean Conolly" <sjconolly_98(a)yaaho.com> wrote in message
> "George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> "We got our own sound guy"
>>
>> strikes fear deep into my soul!!!
>> george
>
> I'm sure you've seen acts where the sound guy is just as integral as any
> one else in the band. Flying in effects, punching in samples at the right
> moment (e.g. "Cult of Personality"), full mutes on a fast break, these are
> things that need to be rehearsed as part of the show.
>
> Sean

and for each ONE of those there are 300 bands with "drunk guy who thinks
the band is cool" being "sound guy of the hour"
george

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: How to find your help...