From: Cassandra Lee Cassandra on
I have encountered the same problem as reported by MahirK. Will appreciate
input from a Product Manager at Microsoft Project or a MVP.

Presently, when the Actual Work exceeds planned Work, Project marks the task
complete and changes Work = Actual Work. In order to leave this task in the
incomplete status, my workaround is to extend Work to be more than Actual
Work, which is troublesome.

From: JulieS on
Cassandra,

We cannot see the posting from MahirK, so I cannot address those
issues as I cannot see the post.

Before apply actual data, you should save a baseline. The
baseline will store Baseline start, baseline work, baseline
finish, baseline cost, and baseline duration. As you start to
supply tracking data, you can supply actual work as well as
modify remaining work as needed. The baseline work will not be
changed and you can compare actual work to baseline work as well
as view work variance.

I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

From: Lars Hammarberg on
If the actuals are coming from the project manager while using Project, he
or she will probably have an idea of the remaining amount of work and this
should therefore not be a problem as he/she must modify the remaing work
anyway.
If the actuals are coming from the resource assigned to the task, perhaps
you should switch over to reporting %complete & work remaining instead of
just hours?

/Lars Hammarberg
www.camako.se
Microsoft Gold Certified Partner