From: John John - MVP on
Try reinstalling the Client for Microsoft Networks (on the LAN adapter's
Properties in Network Connections) if it is shown as installed uninstall
then reinstall it.

John

From: Jim Snively on
John,

The adapters do not show in network connections. They do show in device
manager. What can I to to restore them?

Jim Snively

From: John John - MVP on
How to troubleshoot missing network connections icons in Windows Server
2003 and in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825826

John

From: Jim Snively on
John,

Uninstalled and let windows reinstall the network adapters. The network
connectrions did NOT repopulate. Any other ideas?

From: John John - MVP on
Try the "Advanced Troubleshooting" steps at the bottom of the same article.

John