From: Jim Snively on
John,

I'm finally getting around to working through the article you sreferred me
to --

The following glitches occur:

1. I cannot manually start the RPC sevice -- it gets error 2: the
requested file is not found.

2. I cannot open the properties for the network adapters in device manager.
Double click
does not work nor does properties from the context (right click) menu.

Help?

Jim Snively

From: John John - MVP on
The Windows installation is damaged or missing files. Run sfc /scannow
and see if things improve.

http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html

John

From: Jim Snively on
John,

I ran sfc /scannow with no messages but the problem still persists.

From: John John - MVP on
How to perform an in-place upgrade (reinstallation) of Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978788

John

From: Jose on
On Jun 22, 8:55 am, "Jim Snively" <jwsniv...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> John,
>
> I ran sfc /scannow with no messages but the problem still persists.
>
> Jim Snively

But you do come away with a sense of satisfaction sometimes (and still
have the problem).

Error 2 is error 2: file not found.

Did you look in the event log to see if there are any clues there?