From: A. Deguza on
On Feb 21, 1:46 pm, "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nosp...(a)Verizon.Net>
wrote:
> From: "A. Deguza" <deg...(a)hotmail.com>
>
> | Does Virtumonde infect any data files such as that of Word, Excel,
> | Power Point, Adobe Photoshop, etc.?
>
> | Thanks
>
> No.  They are DLL or EXE files in nature and the family (Virtuomonde adware & sister Vundo
> trojan) doesn't target data files.
>
> --
> Davehttp://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
> Multi-AV -http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Got another question on Virtumonde:

An USB hard drive is attached to an infected computer. Would that hard
drive have any Virtumonde / Vundo code also?

I had to erase and reinstall the O/S on an infected XP laptop. My
friend who owns the laptop is afraid of using the USB hard drive.

Thanks
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "A. Deguza" <deguza(a)hotmail.com>

| On Feb 21, 1:46 pm, "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nosp...(a)Verizon.Net>
| wrote:
>> From: "A. Deguza" <deg...(a)hotmail.com>

>> | Does Virtumonde infect any data files such as that of Word, Excel,
>> | Power Point, Adobe Photoshop, etc.?

>> | Thanks

>> No. They are DLL or EXE files in nature and the family (Virtuomonde adware & sister
>> Vundo
>> trojan) doesn't target data files.

>> --
>> Davehttp://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
>> Multi-AV -http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

| Got another question on Virtumonde:

| An USB hard drive is attached to an infected computer. Would that hard
| drive have any Virtumonde / Vundo code also?

| I had to erase and reinstall the O/S on an infected XP laptop. My
| friend who owns the laptop is afraid of using the USB hard drive.

| Thanks

No. It is a trojan, not a virus, and doesn't self replicate. It attaches itseldf to the
OS and thus will be founing in the User's Profile, the %WINDIR% area and/or the
%PROGRAMFILES% asrea. That is unless you safe the installer or some file to the external
drive.

--
Dave