From: Erik on
Hi Chris, I've got the same problem, only for the dutch language... Is there
a possible chance that Microsoft is coming with a dutch version soon??

Thanks for the answer...

Erik

From: Chris H. on
Microsoft has said nothing, Erik. Sorry, but there isn't any news.

From: Erik on
But Chris, is there any other serious solution then, the only 'big advantage'
of a tabletpc is a perfect handwriting recognition I think. Yesterday I tried
a programme called Pen Office (www.phatware.com), but that's really a joke,
what a mess... I really don't understand that it takes so long for a company
like Microsoft to solve this 'problem'. More than 2 years ago they spoke
about the several languages of handwriting recognition
(http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2003/Mar03/03-12MUIRecoPackPR.mspx)
and now it's got very quiet at the 'horizon'...

Erik

From: Chris H. on
8-) Just because it is quiet on the horizon doesn't mean something isn't
going on. Remember, the handwriting recognizers were being tested and
developed for something like eight or 10 years before the Tablet PCs went on
the market in 2002. There are hundreds of thousands of samples how each
character is made, and a whole lot of testing happens in the background.
I'll guarantee you people are working on things, just not saying what those
"things" are until they're ready.