From: smlunatick on
On Apr 6, 6:00 pm, "Gabriel Knight" <fakeem...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I need a boot disk on floppy disk that has to have the xcopy.exe on it, the
> one I need has to have the xcopy switch of: /e /c /i /h /k
>
> the one I have just tried to use only has /e
>
> the /e /c /i /h /k is needed ie /c is to keep copying even if there is an
> error
>
> im using it to copy two hdd's to another hdd and then use it for what i need
> to do, and I know one of the hdd's has lots of currupt files hence the /c
> switch to keep it going when it gets to these files.
>
> please help....
>
> Thanks
> GK

You need to also understand that most floppy boot disk will not
normally be able to access the hard drives when these drives are
formatted in NTFS. Microsoft has never made the DOS version to be
able to access the NTFS, These floppy boot disks are Windows 98 DOS
boot disks only.
From: Andrew E. on
For XCOPY,go to:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb491035(printer).aspx

From: Gabriel Knight on
Thanks all

I tried win xp home edition xcopy (windows/system32) to a floppy and tried
it in dos but it is not compatable maybe because I used a win 98 boot disk
to start it into dos, I ended up getting the hdd to be recognised in win
98se (win xp home didnt) and I used the start - run - command console to use
xcopy there, the hdd had lots of errors on it it took ages to copy it all
accross.

Thanks again

GK

From: glee on
Yes, there's a good chance the problem was that you were trying to use
an XP version of xcopy on a Win98 boot disk.

FYI for the future:
I had a hard drive with errors I wanted to clone a few years ago (it was
for someone else), and the clone tools I tried all refused to do it
because they found too many errors....Drive Image, Acronis True Image,
they were all kicking me out.

I booted with a BootIt Next Generation (BING) startup disk and tried
copying the drive with it, and it gave me a message that there were
numerous errors on the drive.....but it asked if I wanted to continue
anyway, which I did. It went ahead and cloned the damaged drive
successfully.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

From: ju.c on
You need the DOS version of xcopy.

Newest version