From: Gabriel Knight on
Hi all

I need a boot disk on floppy disk that has to have the xcopy.exe on it, the
one I need has to have the xcopy switch of: /e /c /i /h /k

the one I have just tried to use only has /e

the /e /c /i /h /k is needed ie /c is to keep copying even if there is an
error

im using it to copy two hdd's to another hdd and then use it for what i need
to do, and I know one of the hdd's has lots of currupt files hence the /c
switch to keep it going when it gets to these files.

please help....

Thanks
GK

From: ruic on
Look up FreeDOS on the internet.

From: David Webb on
You may want to consider XXCOPY.

http://www.xxcopy.com/xcpymain.htm

--
Google is your friend.....

From: LVTravel on

"Gabriel Knight" <fakeemail(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I need a boot disk on floppy disk that has to have the xcopy.exe on it,
> the one I need has to have the xcopy switch of: /e /c /i /h /k
>
> the one I have just tried to use only has /e
>
> the /e /c /i /h /k is needed ie /c is to keep copying even if there is an
> error
>
> im using it to copy two hdd's to another hdd and then use it for what i
> need to do, and I know one of the hdd's has lots of currupt files hence
> the /c switch to keep it going when it gets to these files.
>
> please help....
>
> Thanks
> GK

Xcopy up to and including Vista's version has all of those switches
available. Don't know where you got the version you are using. You also
may want to look at downloading xxcopy which is also a better utility.

From: glee on
"Gabriel Knight" <fakeemail(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I need a boot disk on floppy disk that has to have the xcopy.exe on
> it, the one I need has to have the xcopy switch of: /e /c /i /h /k
>
> the one I have just tried to use only has /e
>
> the /e /c /i /h /k is needed ie /c is to keep copying even if there is
> an error
>
> im using it to copy two hdd's to another hdd and then use it for what
> i need to do, and I know one of the hdd's has lots of currupt files
> hence the /c switch to keep it going when it gets to these files.

All those switches are available with the Win XP version of xcopy.exe,
which resides in the \Windows\system32 folder. Copy it to your floppy.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>xcopy.exe /?
Copies files and directory trees.

XCOPY source [destination] [/A | /M] [/D[:date]] [/P]
[/C] [/I] [/Q] [/F] [/L] [/
[/K] [/N] [/O] [/X] [/Y] [/
[/EXCLUDE:file1[+file2][+fi

source Specifies the file(s) to copy.
destination Specifies the location and/or name of n
/A Copies only files with the archive attr
doesn't change the attribute.
/M Copies only files with the archive attr
turns off the archive attribute.
/D:m-d-y Copies files changed on or after the sp
If no date is given, copies only those
source time is newer than the destinati
/EXCLUDE:file1[+file2][+file3]...
Specifies a list of files containing st
should be in a separate line in the fil
strings match any part of the absolute
copied, that file will be excluded from
example, specifying a string like \obj\
all files underneath the directory obj
.obj extension respectively.
/P Prompts you before creating each destin
/S Copies directories and subdirectories e
/E Copies directories and subdirectories,
Same as /S /E. May be used to modify /T
/V Verifies each new file.
/W Prompts you to press a key before copyi
/C Continues copying even if errors occur.
/I If destination does not exist and copyi
assumes that destination must be a dire
/Q Does not display file names while copyi
/F Displays full source and destination fi
/L Displays files that would be copied.
/G Allows the copying of encrypted files t
not support encryption.
/H Copies hidden and system files also.
/R Overwrites read-only files.
/T Creates directory structure, but does n
include empty directories or subdirecto
empty directories and subdirectories.
/U Copies only files that already exist in
/K Copies attributes. Normal Xcopy will re
/N Copies using the generated short names.
/O Copies file ownership and ACL informati
/X Copies file audit settings (implies /O)
/Y Suppresses prompting to confirm you wan
existing destination file.
/-Y Causes prompting to confirm you want to
existing destination file.
/Z Copies networked files in restartable m

The switch /Y may be preset in the COPYCMD environment
This may be overridden with /-Y on the command line.

--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+