From: Terry Webb Terry on
Installed XP SP2 onto my MacBook Pro OSX 10.6.2 via Boot Camp a couple of
months ago - everything went OK - set up various users and installed various
programs - all worked fine.
However now when I boot up into Windows XP and select my user from the login
screen it says XP not activated and when I try to activate it says no
internet connection (although OSX picks up my WiFi Network) and when I use
the Phone Activation it says it cannot be activated.
Any explanation or help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Terry

From: Andrew E. on
Try this link for validation:
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate/ValidateNow.aspx?displaylang=en

From: LD55ZRA on
Oh no. You should avoid WGA at any cost. It is a critical update only to
protect Microsoft revenues --- not to protect users like you and me. It is
a tool to curb temptation from using pirated Microsoft products. That is
all it is for. So please avoid it or else you will get nagging alerts
falsely accusing you that you are a pirate and a thief in front of your
children and your peers. You don't want this on your system.

hth

From: LD55ZRA on
Terry, it looks like you will need to reinstall Windows from scratch and
then this time when it is activated, try to back it up using Acronis True
Image or Norton Ghost 15 so that if you have similar problems in the future,
you can always reinstate your system from the image files.

hth

From: Andy on
its made to protect us paying legit users from users like you who use
pirated software.
only those who talk like you are the ones its made for.

"LD55ZRA" <LD55ZRA(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Oh no. You should avoid WGA at any cost. It is a critical update only to
> protect Microsoft revenues --- not to protect users like you and me. It
> is a tool to curb temptation from using pirated Microsoft products. That
> is all it is for. So please avoid it or else you will get nagging alerts
> falsely accusing you that you are a pirate and a thief in front of your
> children and your peers. You don't want this on your system.
>

> hth
>
> "Andrew E." <eckrichco(a)msn.com> wrote in message
>> Try this link for validation:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate/ValidateNow.aspx?displaylang=en
>>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3