From: Neta on
Every time my system restarts, it takes just under 2 hours to complete - but
it does complete. Any ideas what is causing this?

I have XP Pro, with all updates.
From: John on
wild guesses:
slow PC, malware, viruses, low disk space, not enough RAM
<fill in the blanks>

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
How does your question pertain to Windows Update, Neta?

Are you running WinXP SP2 or SP3?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

From: LD55ZRA on
Neta wrote:

>Every time my system restarts, it takes just under 2 hours to complete - but
>it does complete. Any ideas what is causing this?
>
>I have XP Pro, with all updates.

You have an unstable system due to Microsoft updates which you must have
installed on advice from Pig-Bear, Ken Blake and other Microsoft
Valuable Pigs or their sympathizers.

The only solution left is to to copy your personal documents, reformat
he HD, Install XP with SP3, install all your applications and
anti-virus programs (ideally MSE). Then make sure you have stopped
receiving automatic updates because they are not required . For
heightened security, go to your Firewall settings and check "do not
allow any exceptions".

This is all there is to it and total time is about 1 hour of hard work.
Rebooting a Windows system in 2 hours is very serious indeed.

hth
From: LD55ZRA on
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

> How does your question pertain to Windows Update, Neta?

Because she used automatic updates that you advised him/her about!!! Is
this clear?