From: stevev on
Thought I was having a start up problem, but it might be something other.
Any help will be appreciated. Older system with Asus MB shows Asus startup
splash screen (which it always did on startup). Ctrl/Alt/Delete is non op.
Pressing the restart button results in spash screen again. F8 function not
recoginzed after using restart button. Press and hold power button appears
to shut system down, but it does not recognize XP startup disc on restart.
And now the curious part...press power button until system appears to shut
down, BUT pressing any key on keyboard results in Asus splash screen
again...as if system never shut completely. Any suggestions.

From: Unknown on
Pull the plug out, let sit for a few minutes then plug back in and power up.
Post back with results. Also, check your power options (control panel--power
options)

From: stevev on

"Unknown" <unknown(a)unknown.kom> wrote in message
> Pull the plug out, let sit for a few minutes then plug back in and power
> up.
> Post back with results. Also, check your power options (control
> panel--power options)
> "stevev" <stevev(a)addlebrain.com> wrote in message
>> Thought I was having a start up problem, but it might be something other.
>> Any help will be appreciated. Older system with Asus MB shows Asus
>> startup splash screen (which it always did on startup). Ctrl/Alt/Delete
>> is non op. Pressing the restart button results in spash screen again. F8
>> function not recoginzed after using restart button. Press and hold power
>> button appears to shut system down, but it does not recognize XP startup
>> disc on restart. And now the curious part...press power button until
>> system appears to shut down, BUT pressing any key on keyboard results in
>> Asus splash screen again...as if system never shut completely. Any
>> suggestions.
>>
>> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news(a)netfront.net ---

Disconnected power cord from rear of computer for approximately 30 mins.
Powered up system which resulted in Boot Option screen offering 3 choices:
boot from #1. floppy (told you it was an old system), #2. HDD, or #3. CD
ROM. Selected option #3, but it appears to have booted from HDD, as system
is up and running normally again. Thanks for help.

From: thecreator on
Hi stevev,

If an old sytstem, replace the Computer BIOS Battery. It seems as though
it is failing. It did not remember the settings.

--
thecreator

From: Unknown on