From: gm10 on
I use Win XP Home Edition. When booting, Windows stops and asks me to choose profile settings. There is nothing really to chose - I have "Owner" option only. Is it possible to set Windows to go straight to "Owner" on start?

Thanks in advance for the help.

gm
From: Raoul Watson on
gm10(a)Usenet-News.net wrote:
> I use Win XP Home Edition. When booting, Windows stops and asks me to
> choose profile settings. There is nothing really to chose - I have
> "Owner" option only. Is it possible to set Windows to go straight to
> "Owner" on start?
>
> Thanks in advance for the help.
>
> gm

XP default behavior is to auto login if there is only one user. However,
if you have a password, then obviously you have no choice but enter a
password on the only user you have.

If you absolutely sure that your system is safe, you can always create
or force an auto login like so:

Click Start, Run and type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2
Remove the checkmark from User require.."
Clcik "Apply"
Now, fill-up your user information and password there.

There is also a registry hack for this but that's a little more involved
unless you are comfortable with RegEdit. If you want, let me know and I
give you the keys for the auto login using the reg hack.
From: gm10 on
On 7/2/2010 11:48 PM, Raoul Watson wrote:
> gm10(a)Usenet-News.net wrote:
>> I use Win XP Home Edition. When booting, Windows stops and asks me to choose profile settings. There is nothing really to chose - I have "Owner" option only. Is it possible to set Windows to go straight to "Owner" on start?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for the help.
>>
>> gm
>
> XP default behavior is to auto login if there is only one user. However, if you have a password, then obviously you have no choice but enter a password on the only user you have.
>
> If you absolutely sure that your system is safe, you can always create or force an auto login like so:
>
> Click Start, Run and type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2
> Remove the checkmark from User require.."
> Clcik "Apply"
> Now, fill-up your user information and password there.
>
> There is also a registry hack for this but that's a little more involved unless you are comfortable with RegEdit. If you want, let me know and I give you the keys for the auto login using the reg hack.

Raoul,

Thanks a lot.

gm