From: montygraham on
I'm trying to help out a relative. His description of the problem is
as follows:

There is a message about the recovery program at first, and he has the
option of pressing F11.

If that is not done, it appears that Windows is starting up (the mouse
can be moved).

Then there is a message about a problem being encountered in Setup.
It also says that it was unable to updte the registry.

The computer then turns itself off.

Can this be fixed or is the hard drive shot? Thanks.
From: Jim on
On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 20:34:47 -0700 (PDT), montygraham
<monty1945(a)lycos.com> wrote:

>I'm trying to help out a relative. His description of the problem is
>as follows:
>
>There is a message about the recovery program at first, and he has the
>option of pressing F11.
>
>If that is not done, it appears that Windows is starting up (the mouse
>can be moved).
>
>Then there is a message about a problem being encountered in Setup.
>It also says that it was unable to updte the registry.
>
>The computer then turns itself off.
>
>Can this be fixed or is the hard drive shot? Thanks.

He/you needs to post the message(s) word for word . ( A hassle , but
it will be easier to answer ) .

Pages: 1
Prev: Office Toolbar Issue
Next: Windows 7