From: knuttle on
I currently have a laptop and a desktop both running Window XP, on a
wireless lan.

The laptop seems to be about to give up.

Will Window 7 play nicely with my desktop running Windows XP on a
wireless 7?
From: F8BOE on
knuttle wrote:

> I currently have a laptop and a desktop both running Window XP, on a
> wireless lan.
>
> The laptop seems to be about to give up.
>
> Will Window 7 play nicely with my desktop running Windows XP on a
> wireless 7?

Sorry, but the answer is NO.
Win7 needs more than 1GB RAM and procs under any Core2 or equivalent
from AMD will not give any useable results.

Forget win7 or buy something new.
--

Ciao @+

< Sony VPC-W11S1E powered by Mandriva-Linux 2010.1 >
From: relic on

"knuttle" <keith_nuttle(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> I currently have a laptop and a desktop both running Window XP, on a
> wireless lan.
>
> The laptop seems to be about to give up.
>
> Will Window 7 play nicely with my desktop running Windows XP on a wireless
> 7?

I assume you plan to replace your laptop with a new one that has Windows 7
installed. If so, yes it will play nice with your XP Desktop..

Just use the Workgroup network; the "Homegroup" in Windows 7 only
communicates with other Windows 7 machines.

From: Gary G on
On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 20:32:00 -0700, "relic" <relic211(a)cjb.net> wrote:

>"knuttle" <keith_nuttle(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> I currently have a laptop and a desktop both running Window XP, on a
>> wireless lan.
>>
>> The laptop seems to be about to give up.
>>
>> Will Window 7 play nicely with my desktop running Windows XP on a wireless
>> 7?
>
>I assume you plan to replace your laptop with a new one that has Windows 7
>installed. If so, yes it will play nice with your XP Desktop..
>
>Just use the Workgroup network; the "Homegroup" in Windows 7 only
>communicates with other Windows 7 machines.

It wants to do Win7 boxes only but it can be set to do Workgroup and
it and XP boxes can all talk to each other. Yes, Homegroup only works
with other Win7 units.

Kiss French. Drink California.

gary at gaugler dot com