From: vjp2.at on
On Acer Aspire One. I only have 600MB free. Program files is 1GB.
Other files under 500 MB. What is eating up the space?

I can't even defrag. It says I only have 8% free and it needs 15%

It is a factory refurb.

It does havea lot of what appear to be cabinets both in WIndows and I386

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2
From: Gerry on
How large is the hard drive? Has it been partitioned?

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: Singapore Computer Service on
Hello,

Here is a page with a list of free utilities that can tell you which folders
('cabinets') are taking up your space
http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-disk-space-analyzer.htm

Regards,
Singapore Computer Home Repair Service

From: philo on
vjp2.at(a)at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:
> On Acer Aspire One. I only have 600MB free. Program files is 1GB.
> Other files under 500 MB. What is eating up the space?
>
> I can't even defrag. It says I only have 8% free and it needs 15%
>
> It is a factory refurb.
>
> It does havea lot of what appear to be cabinets both in WIndows and I386

Reduce the size of System Restore to maybe 3% or so

the default of 12% is generally way too high

also do a disk cleanup
From: John John - MVP on
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956324
How to reclaim disk space on a Windows XP-based computer that has a hard
disk capacity of 4 GB or less

John