From: Big House on
thanks for reply

> Presumably you mean "Start-LOG OFF- SWITCH user"?

exactly

> Can you access this other User account first, i.e. when you first power up
> the machine?

yes. I can access all users accounts, at the first power up or
anything BUT I need to disconnect any other open account to do so. If
any just switch user, xp will try to load it but it will go back to
the initial screen (where you can select the user)

> What do you mean by "disconnect"? Please use the correct term for whatever you are doing.

disconnect = log off

Thanks

From: Big House on
> Presumably you mean "Start-LOG OFF- SWITCH user"?

sorry I have a non-english xp version (italian)
From: Big House on
let me recap

- I start the PC
- initial windows login screen pops up
- I choose any user and I log on perfectly
- start > change user
- initial windows login screen. Now I choose another user: XP will
start loading it but after a while I am again to the initial windows
login screen. It's like that, since an account is open, it won't let
me log on another account.
- still in the windows login screen: I re-log on to the first/open
account: it works
- I disconnect this user: so at this moment there are no sessions
active
- I am sent to the windows login screen: I select any account and I
can log on normally

From: Big House on
I need fast user switching to be enabled to be able to use Remote
desktop (which doesn't work either)

From: Richard Urban on
Fast user switching requires a large amount of RAM to hold the inactive
account in memory when you switch users. How much RAM do you have installed
in the computer?

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP