From: Big House on
Hello

first of all, I have to say that all worked fine since this morning. I
haven't changed anything, maybe it depends on one of the latest
automatic update.

Before today, when I clicked on change user (start > disconnect >
change user) and chose another user, xp would let me in the other
account. Now the account is loaded for a second and then I am sent to
the initial screen again (the one where all account are shown): it's
like XP won't allow more than one user desktop to be open at a time.

Another thing that I noticed is that there is no more indication of
how many programs are running under a certain account (before it would
say "x programs are running" and "y mail messages are waiting" or such
things).

Basically, XP won't let me in other accounts unless I completely
disconnect the first user.

How can I solve this?

Thanks
From: C on
Big House wrote:
> Hello
>
> first of all, I have to say that all worked fine since this morning. I
> haven't changed anything, maybe it depends on one of the latest
> automatic update.
>
> Before today, when I clicked on change user (start > disconnect >
> change user) and chose another user, xp would let me in the other
> account. Now the account is loaded for a second and then I am sent to
> the initial screen again (the one where all account are shown): it's
> like XP won't allow more than one user desktop to be open at a time.
>
> Another thing that I noticed is that there is no more indication of
> how many programs are running under a certain account (before it would
> say "x programs are running" and "y mail messages are waiting" or such
> things).
>
> Basically, XP won't let me in other accounts unless I completely
> disconnect the first user.
>
> How can I solve this?
>
> Thanks

Just curious, why do you need more than one account?

From: Big House on
> Just curious, why do you need more than one account?

each employee has his own account and when they use the computer, they
load their own profile/account.

Obviously we are talking about xp professional
From: Gordon on

"Big House" <bighouse(a)email.it> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> first of all, I have to say that all worked fine since this morning. I
> haven't changed anything, maybe it depends on one of the latest
> automatic update.
>
> Before today, when I clicked on change user (start > disconnect >
> change user) and chose another user, xp would let me in the other
> account. Now the account is loaded for a second and then I am sent to
> the initial screen again (the one where all account are shown): it's
> like XP won't allow more than one user desktop to be open at a time.

Presumably you mean "Start-LOG OFF- SWITCH user"?
Please use the correct terms as otherwise we might be led to believe you
have other software installed....

Can you access this other User account first, i.e. when you first power up
the machine?

> Another thing that I noticed is that there is no more indication of
> how many programs are running under a certain account (before it would
> say "x programs are running" and "y mail messages are waiting" or such
> things).
>
> Basically, XP won't let me in other accounts unless I completely
> disconnect the first user.

What do you mean by "disconnect"? Please use the correct term for whatever
you are doing.

From: Gordon on

>> Just curious, why do you need more than one account?
>
> each employee has his own account and when they use the computer, they
> load their own profile/account.
>
> Obviously we are talking about xp professional

Then if this is a work environment you shouldn't be using Fast User
Switching in the first place. If that indeed is what you ARE doing....