From: christianlott1 on
On Jun 17, 9:06 pm, Jim Brain <br...(a)jbrain.com> wrote:
> On 6/15/2010 10:05 PM, christianlott1 wrote:
>
> > I remember reading this message:
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.cbm/msg/7081c2645387802d?dmod...
>
> > I guess it finally came true, 12 years later :O how time flies....
> > wow.
>
> Two can play at this game, assuming you're old enough to have posted 12
> years ago :-)

Ha :)

try this:

http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=L1z2wxUAAAA7UxgXuZkW3Usan8kavurlz5OQg0zKEHkc5I3vgES3LA

so quit trying to change the subject - where's our isa bus
expander? :D

From: Jim Brain on
On 6/18/2010 8:48 AM, christianlott1 wrote:
> On Jun 17, 9:06 pm, Jim Brain<br...(a)jbrain.com> wrote:
>> On 6/15/2010 10:05 PM, christianlott1 wrote:
>>
>>> I remember reading this message:
>>
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.cbm/msg/7081c2645387802d?dmod...
>>
>>> I guess it finally came true, 12 years later :O how time flies....
>>> wow.
>>
>> Two can play at this game, assuming you're old enough to have posted 12
>> years ago :-)
>
> Ha :)
>
> try this:
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=L1z2wxUAAAA7UxgXuZkW3Usan8kavurlz5OQg0zKEHkc5I3vgES3LA
>
> so quit trying to change the subject - where's our isa bus
> expander? :D

Well, that ship has sailed. But, as I noted on the blog a month ago and
have been thinking about since, I think a USB host adapter is doable.

The key is "firmware" drivers. While creating a simplistic USB host
adapter is no big deal (about $10.00 in parts, $30.00 for the cart), it
then requires drivers for each attached device be loaded into the 64/128
memory map, much like all the current NIC interfaces require a TCP/IP stack.

Thus, I have been pondering the idea of letting folks developer
6502-based USB drivers that can be "installed" to the card. people
could develop using the card and their favorite ASM dev tools, then
create a loadable module in the end.

The main issue is the need for a CPLD person to help with the
off-board-onboard CPU interface. The interface needs a dual port RAM
type interface, so everyone can run at their own pace.

Jim