From: tdoggwise on

I have two precisions 670's and I have found that some of the systems
support dual core SL8MA cpu's. I have one of each. Inspection of my
motherboards in each systems does not indicate that there is a
difference. I have attempted to install dual core cpu's, ones from the
dual core system and others that I have purchased. No matter what I
have tried on the other system I cannot install the dual core cpu's. I
get a message that says that the system has detected an unsupported
processor.

Would anyone out there happen to know why some 670 motherboards support
dual core SL8MA's and some do not?

From: Sjouke Burry on
tdoggwise wrote:
> I have two precisions 670's and I have found that some of the systems
> support dual core SL8MA cpu's. I have one of each. Inspection of my
> motherboards in each systems does not indicate that there is a
> difference. I have attempted to install dual core cpu's, ones from the
> dual core system and others that I have purchased. No matter what I
> have tried on the other system I cannot install the dual core cpu's. I
> get a message that says that the system has detected an unsupported
> processor.
>
> Would anyone out there happen to know why some 670 motherboards support
> dual core SL8MA's and some do not?

Different age in flash bios software?
Check whether an update is available for the
particular board.