From: muhammad_umer on
Hi, i am working on a project where i am developing my architecture on
Virtex-4 FPGA. My ultimate goal is to port my design to Xilinx EasyPath
FPGA. But i dont have any idea, how xilinx charges for implementing design
on EasyPath. there is no guide wither they charge against gate count, or
FPGA family. what ever criteria they use, i want some general quotation
which can give me idea about pricing. Hoping for quick response. thanks!

---------------------------------------
Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com
From: Gabor on
On Aug 3, 8:47 am, "muhammad_umer"
<muhammad_umer(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.comsats.edu.pk> wrote:
> Hi, i am working on a project where i am developing my architecture on
> Virtex-4 FPGA. My ultimate goal is to port my design to Xilinx EasyPath
> FPGA. But i dont have any idea, how xilinx charges for implementing design
> on EasyPath. there is no guide wither they charge against gate count, or
> FPGA family. what ever criteria they use, i want some general quotation
> which can give me idea about pricing. Hoping for quick response. thanks!
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Posted throughhttp://www.FPGARelated.com

You'll get a quicker response if you contact your Xilinx sales rep.
From: Jaime Andrés Aranguren Cardona on
On 3 Aug., 15:28, Gabor <ga...(a)alacron.com> wrote:
> On Aug 3, 8:47 am, "muhammad_umer"
>
> <muhammad_umer(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.comsats.edu.pk> wrote:
> > Hi, i am working on a project where i am developing my architecture on
> > Virtex-4 FPGA. My ultimate goal is to port my design to Xilinx EasyPath
> > FPGA. But i dont have any idea, how xilinx charges for implementing design
> > on EasyPath. there is no guide wither they charge against gate count, or
> > FPGA family. what ever criteria they use, i want some general quotation
> > which can give me idea about pricing. Hoping for quick response. thanks!
>
> > ---------------------------------------
> > Posted throughhttp://www.FPGARelated.com
>
> You'll get a quicker response if you contact your Xilinx sales rep.

Probably asking for some 100K... Still, less than ASIC.
From: Kolja Sulimma on
From a Xilinx press release:
"For example, list price for a Spartan-3 EasyPath XCE3S1500 is $12.95*
U.S. with $75,000 NRE and 50,000 unit minimum order quantities in
second half calendar year 2005."

Kolja
From: muhammad_umer on
>Hi, i am working on a project where i am developing my architecture on
>Virtex-4 FPGA. My ultimate goal is to port my design to Xilinx EasyPath
>FPGA. But i dont have any idea, how xilinx charges for implementing
design
>on EasyPath. there is no guide wither they charge against gate count, or
>FPGA family. what ever criteria they use, i want some general quotation
>which can give me idea about pricing. Hoping for quick response. thanks!
>

>---------------------------------------
>Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com

OK,i get some idea of pricing from Xilinx Cost Analyzer. But this is
abstract and comparing EasyPath price with competitors ASIC. There is a
cell in this calculator which asks to input Easypath unit cost. Can you
tell me where i get this unit cost from?
As unit costs for FPGA's from xilinx are clearly mentioned, i am unable to
get unit cost for EaspyPath FPGA's clearly.
One more thing, i google internet and found some articles, mentioning
EasythPath saves 80% of FPGA cost. so this mean that, for instance, if FPGA
cost $100 then its EasyPath partner will cost $20. Am i correct in my
understanding?
Please provide me complete pricing detail for all easypath FPGA's
families.
Thanks in advance.

Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com