From: onkars on

Hi,

Can I set the XIlinx FFT core such that the early (maybe first 5 out of 10)
stages use smaller precision bits (same as input precision) --- and they
use scaling. But the later 5 stages don't use scaling --- instead we allow
them more precision bits.

This will help me to use less precision (and hence less hardware) with
scaling wherever possible. (using the small precision throughout the FFT
gives underflow results) With initial stages scaled and later stages
allowed bit growth --- I can prevent overflow as well as achieve the
meaningful results (with higher precision output) while saving hardware
(since only later stages use high precision)

Does this make sense? Is this possible with Xilinx FFT core?

Onkar

Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com
From: onkars on

Any help will be really appreciated.