From: Rob Gaddi on
I was just starting to try to do some playing with TCL, and ran into an
interesting problem. If you're running bash through Cygwin:

A) Trying to run xtclsh just hangs entirely, forcing you to kill the
process.

B) The built-in Cygwin tclsh seems to work fine, but when you try to
execute the line >> source $env(XILINX)/bin/xilinx-init.tcl << you get
the response "The XILINX environment variable is not set or is empty."
with XILINX set to either C:/Xilinx/11.1/ISE or
to /cygdrive/c/Xilinx/11.1/ISE.

xtclsh runs fine when executed under the normal Windows XP cmd shell,
but if I've got to sit around hopping back and forth between shells its
going to make for a very complicated build process.

I figured CAF was about the only place where someone might know about
working with TCL scripts for Xilinx designs under Cygwin. So...anyone?

Thanks,
Rob

--
Rob Gaddi, Highland Technology
Email address is currently out of order
From: Muzaffer Kal on
On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 14:38:39 -0700, Rob Gaddi
<rgaddi(a)technologyhighland.com> wrote:

>I was just starting to try to do some playing with TCL, and ran into an
>interesting problem. If you're running bash through Cygwin:
>
>A) Trying to run xtclsh just hangs entirely, forcing you to kill the
>process.
>
>B) The built-in Cygwin tclsh seems to work fine, but when you try to
>execute the line >> source $env(XILINX)/bin/xilinx-init.tcl << you get
>the response "The XILINX environment variable is not set or is empty."
>with XILINX set to either C:/Xilinx/11.1/ISE or
>to /cygdrive/c/Xilinx/11.1/ISE.

Could be your version of windows or cygwin. Under Vista 64 SP2 and
cygwin 1.5.25-15 everything above works.
--
Muzaffer Kal

DSPIA INC.
ASIC/FPGA Design Services

http://www.dspia.com
From: Mike Treseler on
Rob Gaddi wrote:
> I was just starting to try to do some playing with TCL, and ran into an
> interesting problem. If you're running bash through Cygwin:

cygwin is a time bandit.
try cmd.exe tcl or wish
or modelsim transcript
or linux bash.