From: . on
On Aug 1, 1:06 am, "Antti.Luk...(a)googlemail.com"
<Antti.Luk...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:

> > >yes, if you JUST replicate the hardware
> > >ISE should be able to update the CPLD
> > >well you need to preprogram the eeprom of course
>
> > >Antti
>
> > The content of EEPROM can be read by a simple IC programmer, but there's
> > two problem2,first, how ISE update the CPLD? When conncetcableto host?
> > Or I need to programm the CPLD in ISE?
> >  Second, the CypressUSBcontroller need programmed or not?
>
> just program the eeprom
> ISE does the rest :)
>
> some german guys have tested it already..
>
> Antti

I have 2 questions:

1) Where can I get the file to program into the EEPROM?

2) What is the easiest way to program this EEPROM without an EEPROM
programmer? Or what is the cheapest EEPROM programmer that can be
used with the EEPROM for this circuit?

Aaron
From: Antti.Lukats on
On Sep 9, 8:49 am, "." <eecs...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 1, 1:06 am, "Antti.Luk...(a)googlemail.com"
>

> <Antti.Luk...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:

> > > The content of EEPROM can be read by a simple IC programmer, but there's
> > > two problem2,first, how ISE update the CPLD? When conncetcableto host?
> > > Or I need to programm the CPLD in ISE?
> > >  Second, the CypressUSBcontroller need programmed or not?
>
> > just program the eeprom
> > ISE does the rest :)
>
> > some german guys have tested it already..
>
> > Antti
>
> I have 2 questions:
>
> 1) Where can I get the file to program into the EEPROM?
>
> 2) What is the easiest way to program this EEPROM without an EEPROM
> programmer?  Or what is the cheapest EEPROM programmer that can be
> used with the EEPROM for this circuit?
>
> Aaron

cypress tools should be able to write the eeprom if you connect an
empty one

you can also check out this thread at german fpga forums

http://www.mikrocontroller.net/topic/142358#new

Antti