From: cfelton on
A0 =A0 =A0 =A0
>> Posted throughhttp://www.FPGARelated.com
>
>The Xilinx Update Tool will be installed along with software. For
>Windows it will be under
>Start->Xilinx ISE Design Suite 11->Accessories->Check for Updates

I thought I read some where that this latest release was specific to a
Virtex6 bug. And it was recommended not to update unless you need this
specific Virtex6 change. Is this true? I don't remember where I read this
but it seem to suggest that most should stay at 11.3?

.chris

---------------------------------------
Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com
From: Ed McGettigan on
On Mar 30, 10:13 am, "cfelton"
<cfelton(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.n_o_s_p_a_m.ieee.org> wrote:
> A0 =A0 =A0 =A0
>
> >> Posted throughhttp://www.FPGARelated.com
>
> >The Xilinx Update Tool will be installed along with software.  For
> >Windows it will be under
> >Start->Xilinx ISE Design Suite 11->Accessories->Check for Updates
>
> I thought I read some where that this latest release was specific to a
> Virtex6 bug.  And it was recommended not to update unless you need this
> specific Virtex6 change.  Is this true?  I don't remember where I read this
> but it seem to suggest that most should stay at 11.3?
>
> .chris

> Posted throughhttp://www.FPGARelated.com

If you aren't using Spartan-6 or Virtex-6 then 11.4 would be the
latest version for the other families.

Ed McGettigan
--
Xilinx Inc.