From: pattylarrick on
HELP !!

When I link a Flash movie to Authorware and then try to run the movie, I get
the error: "Unable to diaplay icon "Flash Movie" because the following error
has occured; Xtra Failed. Other objects may also fail to appear. Records of
this session will not be saved.

I have tried all I know and cannot figure out what or why I keep getting this
error. Has anyone gotten this error and resolved it???

From: pattylarrick on
Steve,

Thank you for the response and your help. Both the SWF file and the JS file
are in the same directory where the CBT is published. I also checked to verify
the Xtra files are in the same directory.

Still, when I publish the file others can view the cbt without issue/problems
on their PC, but when I try to view it from my PC I get the "Unable to display
icon....." error.

I'm not sure where to look for the Flash Asset Sprite in Authorware to make
sure to uncheck the Linked property.

Today, I removed the following programs, thinking possibly there is a corrupt
file on my PC...Authorware, Captivate 2, and Flash 8 and Flash Player 8. I
then re-installed them and checked to see if the probelm still persists...it
does.

I also started with the original CP file (captivate file) and republished it
and re-linked it in Authorware, hoping that would resolve the issue...no such
luck.

I'm not sure where to go from here.

From: Amy Blankenship *AdobeCommunityExpert* on

"pattylarrick" <webforumsuser(a)macromedia.com> wrote in message
> Steve,
>
> Thank you for the response and your help. Both the SWF file and the JS
> file
> are in the same directory where the CBT is published. I also checked to
> verify
> the Xtra files are in the same directory.

What function is the JS file serving?