From: digduggler on
It appears Adobe does not currently have a commitment to further development
of Authorware (or at least not an encouraging one). I have a client who has a
number of products developed with Authorware and it has become apparent that
the compatibility with Vista/IE7 may not exist in an easy to use fashion (or at
all).

Is there a new product or standard that would support a conversion of existing
Authorware code in order to minimize development issues and time? I've
searched around a bit and nothing hit me on the head, so please be kind if I
missed something glaring.

Any input or insight appreciated. Thanks.

From: Erik **AdobeCommunityExpert** on
Pretty much, nope, though it sure would be an interesting product!
As is, best you could do is export the course to XML And see what other
product might be able to work with it. More likely you could export the
assets, at least, but would have to rebuild much of the
code/navigation/structure, etc.

Don't give up on Authorware yet. Other Adobe Community Experts (Steve,
Amy, and Mike) are having a sit-down with the Authorware group leader
this week. Hopefully some definitive answers will result.

Additionally, what specific Vista/IE7 issues are you having? Perhaps
some workarounds can be done for now...at least til we have some
official word from Adobe.
Cheers,
Erik

--
Erik Lord
http://www.capemedia.net
From: digduggler on
Specifically speaking, I know that their program didn't work on IE7 but am not
aware of the exact error. The feedback was it wouldn't run. Their customers
seem to be okay using IE6 for now but looking towards the future they have
concerns about current support and future development. If it looks gloomy I'm
not sure if they are wanting to tweak existing code, attempt to develop in a
more secure product (thus the port question), etc.

I look forward to reading what the meeting reveals.

Thanks Eric.

From: Steve Howard on

> Specifically speaking, I know that their program didn't work on IE7 but
> am not
> aware of the exact error. The feedback was it wouldn't run.

Well "it don't work" is worthless feedback for any developer ...

You should be able to find information on the two IE7 issues, and
workarounds, by doing a quick search on this newsgroup.

> I look forward to reading what the meeting reveals.

There's a possibility you may never know.

We are under NDA for the things we are learning here at Adobe this week.
There are things we are not allowed to talk about. I have no idea what the
outcome of today's discussion will be, and I certainly don't know what, if
anything, we will be allowed to share publicly.

Steve

From: digduggler on
Ah, workaround. The word every developer loves to hear :)

So there might not be any new information on this until Adobe decides to let
people know what their plans are (which they haven't been very active about
lately)? That's... not so encouraging.

In any case, thanks for the insight and pointers (for existing issues).

Regards.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Xtra Failed error message