From: MrRJ on
Hello,

I produced a formula that I need to have expanded.
=SUM('2010 Actuals'!E2:INDEX('2010 Actuals'!E2:Q2,MATCH(Sheet1!C5,'2010
Actuals'!E1:Q1,0)))

I would like to do another condition based on my Category (E). It needs to
sum all values in the given Category. As you can see, I have one condition
for Period, which is C5.

I somehow see the use of Sumproduct formula, but cannot visualize it.

Can you please assist. Thanks
From: Ashish Mathur on
Hi,

Could you show us how the data is arranged and what the data is exactly

--
Regards,

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

From: MrRJ on
Ashish,
Here is what the layout would be. I use drop down lists for DC and Period.
So, if I select DC_A and P5. I should see the results YTD P1-P5.

Master Sheet
DC Category ValueA ValueB
DC_A Cat5 need to see YTD based on Period selection.
DC_A Cat10 need to see YTD based on Period selection.
DC_A Cat15 need to see YTD based on Period selection.

ValueA is derived from another sheetA which looks like this.
DC Category P1 P2 P3 P4......P13
DC_A Cat5 $ $ $ $ $
DC_A Cat10 $ $ $ $ $
DC_A Cat15 $ $ $ $ $

ValueB is derived from another sheetB which looks just like sheetA with
different data.

Hope this explains things.
I appreciate your help.