From: Wreckah on

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Wreckah" <Wreckah(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Brian - I have tried this, but the same error popped up immediately.

And what error is that? You posted your message as a new thread without
enough context for me to guess what problem you're experiencing.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Re: Your IMAP server wants to alert you. Re: Your IMAP server wants to alert on
Same problem here. The box is titled "Microsoft Office Outlook" so it seems
to be a Microsoft announcement about the problem that the IMAP server is
having. In my case, it is with five specific messages that come up with the
error everytime. It says: "Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the
following: 24 (1032) That mail is not currently available. " The number
1032 appears in each message. The 24 changes and seems to me to be the
number of the message in my box (I'm guessing at that.) Also, the message is
part of the Synchronizing subscribed folders operation, which will not
complete unless you OK through each message.

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Re: Your IMAP server wants to alert you." <Re: Your IMAP server wants to
alert you.(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Same problem here. The box is titled "Microsoft Office Outlook" so it seems
> to be a Microsoft announcement about the problem that the IMAP server is
> having. In my case, it is with five specific messages that come up with the
> error everytime. It says: "Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the
> following: 24 (1032) That mail is not currently available. " The number
> 1032 appears in each message. The 24 changes and seems to me to be the
> number of the message in my box (I'm guessing at that.) Also, the message
> is
> part of the Synchronizing subscribed folders operation, which will not
> complete unless you OK through each message.

Seems pretty clear to me. You have the headers and/or body of a message in
your local cache and the corresponding message is no longer on the server. I
can't tell you how this happened because Outlook should recognize messages
deleted from the server or by way of another IMAP client on a different
machine. If this were to happen to me, I'd simply delete the account, stop
Outlook and make sure the PST for the account was gone, then start Outlook and
re-add the account.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Lauren Hemphill Lauren on
I am having the same issue. I have two computers, one using Vista and one
Windows 7. I have my AOL account set up with Outlook 2007 on both with the
exact same settings. The one on the Vista laptop has no issues, the one on 7
continues to give me the "Your IMAP server wants to alert you of the
following: ##(1032) is not currently available." However when I go to that
message on either computer, AOL webmail OR through AOL itself, I have no
problem accessing the mail. (The error occurs when both laptops are on and
when only the Windows 7 laptop is on.)

I have tried deleting the account in Outlook, deleting the PST file,
restarting Outlook and adding the account again. I have also gone as far as
uninstalling Outlook itself, removing ALL PST files and reinstalling Outlook
and then adding the AOL account. Nothing seems to work. I would prefer to
resolve this issue altogether, but I would be satisfied with just turning off
the error messaging. Any suggestions?

Thanks!