From: David W. Fenton on
=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBHbGFzc2Nv?= <JohnGlassco(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in news:4A1BBB6D-FAE6-4693-9D2C-930E7B5B8CCA(a)microsoft.com:

> In addition, there are three XP PCs that are being used at the
> same time as the Win7 workstation that have no problems at all.
> The three XP PCs and the Win7 PC all use the same functionality on
> the same screen in the Access program, but the Win7 PC is the only
> one that ever has issues.

The fact that Vista and Win7 PCs have the problem and XP systems do
not indicates to me that it's something to do with that new feature
of the networking introduced in Vista that I forget what it was
called. Whatever it is, it can be disabled and then it will work.

You don't say what Windows version the server is, though, so it's
hard to diagnose anything beyond that. My memory of the issue I'm
referring to was that it was in peer-to-peer networking
environments.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: John Glassco on
Sorry, I didn't realize that I forgot that in my original post. The server
is running Windows Server 2008 Standard.

From: David W. Fenton on
wrote in news:D64A9DB1-80B8-41FE-B39C-DA17770A1D98(a)microsoft.com:

> Sorry, I didn't realize that I forgot that in my original post.
> The server is running Windows Server 2008 Standard.

Yes, that does make a difference, as I believe 2008 Server has the
same networking settings as Vista/Win7, i.e., whatever it was that
was causing issues when Vista was released.

Sorry to be so foggy on that, but I can't locate the details. Allen
Browne may have it on his website.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: John Glassco on
Going by your suggestions, I was able to find something similar to what Paul
Shapiro mentioned above, with disabling the auto-tuning feature. I'll try
that and see if that improves connectivity tonight.

"David W. Fenton" wrote:

> =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBHbGFzc2Nv?= <JohnGlassco(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in news:D64A9DB1-80B8-41FE-B39C-DA17770A1D98(a)microsoft.com:
>
> > Sorry, I didn't realize that I forgot that in my original post.
> > The server is running Windows Server 2008 Standard.
>
> Yes, that does make a difference, as I believe 2008 Server has the
> same networking settings as Vista/Win7, i.e., whatever it was that
> was causing issues when Vista was released.
>
> Sorry to be so foggy on that, but I can't locate the details. Allen
> Browne may have it on his website.
>
> --
> David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
> usenet at dfenton dot com http://www.dfenton.com/DFA/