From: hp fk on
Kademlia protocol is widely used by many p2p applications, if kernel
support the Kademlia protocol and its p2p network infrastracture. it
will be easier to bring us into a new stage of network with much more
freedom and equality.

1.systems could get public identity on network much more easier, and
need not depend on DNS system, which usual controled by buraucracy
agents.
2. system presence on network is easier to resolved in a dynamic ip
environment that many ISPs use to effectively use IP address. and
communication could be much easier.
3.many p2p applications could be releaved from building the p2p
network infrastracture repeatedly and focus on application features.
4. some restrictions imposed by buraucracy censorship will be breaked
and give us much more communication freedom
5. all linux systems could be equal citizens of a unified greate linux
p2p network and promote the development of p2p network.
From: Valeo de Vries on
On 2 August 2010 13:24, hp fk <fkhp101(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Kademlia protocol is widely used by many p2p applications, if kernel
> support the Kademlia protocol and its p2p network infrastracture. it
> will be easier to bring us into a new stage of network with much more
> freedom and equality.
>
> 1.systems could get public identity on network much more easier, and
> need not depend on DNS system, which usual controled by buraucracy
> agents.
> 2. system presence on network is easier to resolved in a dynamic ip
> environment that many ISPs use to effectively use IP address. and
> communication could be much easier.
> 3.many p2p applications could be releaved from building the p2p
> network infrastracture repeatedly and focus on application features.
> 4. some restrictions imposed by buraucracy censorship will be breaked
> and give us much more communication freedom
> 5. all linux systems could be equal citizens of a unified greate linux
> p2p network and promote the development of p2p network.

And why exactly can't this be done in userspace? I assume that since
you mention IP that (perhaps incorrectly) this protocol uses TCP/UDP
on the lower layers...

Valeo
From: Valdis.Kletnieks on
On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 20:24:38 +0800, hp fk said:
> Kademlia protocol is widely used by many p2p applications, if kernel
> support the Kademlia protocol and its p2p network infrastracture. it
> will be easier to bring us into a new stage of network with much more
> freedom and equality

1) You failed to explain what kernel support, if any, would be needed for this
protocol. What does Kademlia do that the current kernel can't handle already?
(Hint - if it runs on a Windows system without patching the Windows kernel, it
almost certainly doesn't need extensive patches for Linux either).

2) You forgot to cc: netdev(a)vger.kernel.org, which is where all the networking
people hang out.

From: hp fk on
From: Damjan Jovanovic on
If all you want to do is share a Kademlia implementation among
applications, it should be in a user-space shared library. This
library could also be ported to other operating systems, unlike a
Linux-only kernel module that portable applications wouldn't want to
use anyway.

I think Kademlia only belongs in the kernel if something in the kernel
itself needs it. And even then it shouldn't be exported to user space.

Damjan Jovanovic