From: Jonathan de Boyne Pollard on
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
software, in fact.&nbsp; But I do remember patiently trying to explain to
you over and over again in the Fidonet developers' echo many years ago
various fairly obvious things such as the fact that CRC32 doesn't
generate numbers that can be used as worldwide unique identifiers &#8212; one
of the reasons (that I vaguely recall pointing out at the time) that I
and probably many others gave the softwares that you wrote yourself a
wide berth.&nbsp; We knew that they wouldn't work properly because we had
patiently been explaining to you why your understanding of the basic
principles was wrong.&nbsp; I also remember <a
href="http://groups.google.com/group/comp.mail.misc/msg/44c2612de5dd9358">your
You see, you really <em>can</em> post to a Big 8 newsgroup if you put
your mind to it, and people do know that.<br>
From: Hector Santos on
Jonathan de Boyne Pollard wrote:

>> > I just realized, you used my fidonet software [...]
>> >
>> No I didn't, kid. I don't even know anyone who did use your software, in fact.
>> But I do remember patiently trying to explain to you over and over again in the
>> Fidonet developers' echo many years ago various fairly obvious things such as
>> the fact that CRC32 doesn't generate numbers that can be used as worldwide
>> unique identifiers � one of the reasons (that I vaguely recall pointing out at
>> the time) that I and probably many others gave the softwares that you wrote
>> yourself a wide berth. We knew that they wouldn't work properly because we had
>> patiently been explaining to you why your understanding of the basic principles
>> was wrong. I also remember your being suckered by Alan Connor in
>> |comp.mail.misc| in 2003
>> <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.mail.misc/msg/44c2612de5dd9358>. You see,
>> you really /can/ post to a Big 8 newsgroup if you put your mind to it, and
>> people do know that.

Oh, I see. You know you are wrong, so you resort to dirty laundry?
Well, I am not going to go there because I have enough to make you
cry, surely a waste of people time.

Dude, keep it simple. Change your TBIRD Mail Reader setup. Use the
technology that is built-in your mail reader. Stop Posting in RAW HTML
mode only. Get ahead and create your mail in HTML mode, but let your
software handle it the MIME content for plain and html parts. Be
cooperative with the rest of the world.

--
HLS