From: iluv my kitties and family on
Have high speed internet. Have a 3gbsdram. And I have a router that is a g.
Would I benefit as far as computer speed on the net with a router that is an
n router. Also even though the computer says 802.11 a/go/n wireless I still
would have to buy the the adapter that goes into the notebook?
I know nothing about routers and the fact we have a g router it doesn't have
an adapter needed for the computer to work. Was wondering if that is the
same case with a wireless n router? thanks

From: Pen on
On 3/2/2010 9:43 AM, iluv my kitties and family wrote:
> Have high speed internet. Have a 3gbsdram. And I have a router that is a g.
> Would I benefit as far as computer speed on the net with a router that
> is an n router. Also even though the computer says 802.11 a/go/n
> wireless I still would have to buy the the adapter that goes into the
> notebook?
> I know nothing about routers and the fact we have a g router it doesn't
> have an adapter needed for the computer to work. Was wondering if that
> is the same case with a wireless n router? thanks
Don't bother. N won't increase your internet speed at all.
If you mean you have 2 computers, a desktop and a notebook
and only the desktop is N the yes you would have to buy a an
adapter for the notebook if it's G only. However, unless you
do extensive file swapping between machines there is little
benefit to a N local net in your case.

From: iluv my kitties and family on
thanks